Oklahoma Self Defense Act
Your Rights and Duties as a Tenant
Employee Log In
OKLAHOMA SELF DEFENSE ACT
Title 21. section 1290.2 of the Oklahoma Statutes
1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and
2. "Pistol" means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
- a. has an overall length of less than sixteen (16) inches and is able to be fully concealed from detection and view,
- b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,
- c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
- d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile. The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not apply to homemade or imitation pistols, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.
To legally carry a concealed handgun in the State of Oklahoma, you MUST posses an Oklahoma Self Defense Act License.
The Self Defense Act Packet can be picked up at the McClain County Sheriff's Office.
Processing fee for the Self Defense Act:
$100.00 fee payable to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations (O.S.B.I) in the form of Money Order or cashiers check only.
Fingerprints (for Self Defense Act Licensing or other purpose)
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Applicants are advised not to bring small children with them while being fingerprinted. This is done in the Detention Facility and children cannot be in that setting. You will be entering a Detention Facility, so please wear appropiate clothing. Bring only the necessary paperwork. Leave all other property in your vehicle. ALL JEWELRY MUST BE REMOVED FROM YOUR HANDS